so, what is that? Ten months now?
I've been out of school since June so that's I guess, five months that I've been trying to find a job.
Well let me tell you, the economy sucks.
Didn't they tell you that you had to go to college these days to get a good job?
Well, I went to college. I was AWESOME at college.
And guess what?
I can't even get a job at Petco because all the shitty jobs are going to 40 yr olds who are collecting unemployment.
I'm over qualified for everything I apply for.
Yeah. Seriously.
I feel so lied to by the generation before me.
"Work hard and you'll go far," they said.
I'm here to tell you that's a lie.
I have worked hard but still, no one wants to pay me.
That was alright when I was in college but I've got a mouth to feed (my own) and thank yous and pats on the back don't pay the bills, baby.
I like to think I have a pretty solid resume.
I like to think I'm energetic and dedicated and driven.
I like to think I'd jazz up the atmosphere of any place that would hire me.
But I can't even get a foot in the door and believe you me, I'm trying.
I suppose all there is to do is be fabulous and keep the dream alive for now...
trying to stay positive. going to keep on truckin'.
Roy Rogers and Trigger
My idols, MK&A, on the Walk of Fame
Don't let this smile fool you. This was a serious hike up a very large mountain.
...I think this town is killing me...


No comments:
Post a Comment