Friday, October 22, 2010

Michael Bay Makes Life So Much More Exciting

Back in high school I made the unfortunate choice to NOT see Pearl Harbor in theaters.
Ok, it wasn't too bad- we went to see Cats&Dogs instead, and let me tell you, I have never begrudged that choice.
However, Brittany and I skipped or Winter Formal sophomore year to stay home, watch Pearl Harbor and bemoan our sad dateless lives.
Some people might dismiss Pearl Harbor as sappy dribble but, though you can never convince me that the fat kid in the end is the dreamy Josh Hartnett's kid- no way, no how- I liked the movie. I had no problem with the sappy/convoluted love story and I'm all about things blowing up. Plus the 1940s backdrop? Kate Beckinsale? Josh Hartnett? Ben Affleck??? It was like the pinnacle of all that can go right in a movie. Like Titanic. With explosions.

If I've learned anything from my years in film school, it's that there are 3 things any movie needs to be successful:
a) young beautiful people. CHECK
b) robots, monsters, druglords, the Japanese, or any other misc. other cool villian. CHECK.
c) lots and lots of EXPLOSIONS. DOUBLE CHECK!

Michael Bay has this formula on lock and though his movies have, as of late, fallen into the trap of putting cool stunts before any sort of story or plot...no one can deny he has a knack for a really cool action movie (everyone please ignore The Island...)
I mean, have you SEEN Armageddon??? If you don't like that movie, I'm pretty sure you hate America.

With Transformers 3 being released in the VERY distant future, thank goodness that Michael Bay, like all things good, is now available online. you can now create your own Michael Bay wonders with the Bayifier.
A typical day with my new boyfriend, Shy-Shy LaBeau

BEST. EXPLOSION. EVER.

That's right. Marvel in the Michael Bay glory. 
Ok, that's enough marveling...go make your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment